Monday, July 20, 2009

Budget deal

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and California's legislative leaders apparently have agreed Monday on a plan to close the state's $26 billion budget shortfall.

The governor and legislators announced the compromise after more hours of closed-door talks on Monday.
Most analysts expect that California will face multibillion dollar deficits into the foreseeable future as the economy struggles to recover from the current crisis and tax revenue lags far behind.
Republicans incessantly demanded more school budget cuts and more cuts of social services.
Cuts made in higher education will hurt the economy for decades.

1 comment:

IndependentD said...

Hello, I've been reading your blog and I am glad to find someone who has a problem with the cuting of Californias education budget. I am currently running a blog about education reform and I briefly touched on this topic. I would love to have your input on the subject as well. I look forward to talking to you. Don http://americaeducationreform.blogspot.com/

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.